Sunday 26 February 2017

Link love digest: week 8

In what has proved to be a fairly hectic week, here are the makers and crafters I promoted. Almosty all this week's crafter's have chosen to keep a low profile, sharing little about themselves online, preferring to let their work to speak for them.

Sue Harold
La Costurera

Unique bridal couture, mothers of the bride/groom, proms and casual clothing
La Costurera

Nikki Meara
Nikelcards

Nikki has shared nothing of her personal story that I can find, but her cards are lovely, so she gets a mention.
Nikelcards
Paul Bentley
Bentley Bespoke Wooden Items

Handmade bespoke wooden items to suit the needs of the buyer.
Bentley Bespoke

Maxine Pring
Max Pring Jewellery

I have been making jewellery for several years gradually learning my trade since 2009.

Max Pring Jewellery
I am primarily self taught and started out making classic designs using beads and string developing my skills through practice and gradually progressed into metalsmithing in the past year.

I usually start with basic metal sheet in either copper or silver and then cut, sand, hammer, drill and polish my work to create unusual designs. I often draw my designs on my i-pad first then sit down with my tools to turn the sketch into a piece of jewellery.

I also love to work with unusual gemstones and try to incorporate my own metal components or wire wire wrapping, these tend to be organic with the design built up around the stones.

Most of my work is one of a kind and rarely repeated. As well as jewellery I also love to paint and create mixed media work and scrapbooks. You can find these in my other Folksy Shop Paper, Chains & Beads. 

Heather Veach
I Dream of Jane

Unique, handmade dream catchers from the Pacific Northwest.
I dream of Jane

Julie Maginn
Dewdrop Cards and Crafts

Handmade on and inspired by the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Dewdrop

Gintare Kersiene
GK Natural Creations

Pure natural handmade soaps and bath products.
GK Natural Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment