Monday 30 October 2017

Rebranding, hard launching and all that malarkey

For the past couple of years or so, Karyn's Kreations has been a sort of semi-hobby, but plans are now afoot to make it 'proper'.

So I've been in discussions with various advisers (an ongoing process) and Mr Namasi and I are looking at our options.

I don't want to lose the personal touch - the investment of myself into each and every piece. I don't want the pieces themselves to become disconnected from their own stories. Their own histories. So I am exploring a way to incorporate my gift for narrative into the business, to make sure those stories are told. More of that anon.

I'm planning a rebrand. There are quite a few businesses called Karyn's Kreations out there. So that clearly needs to be revisited. And so I thought: mostly I remake stuff out of reclaimed material, revisiting it and giving it a renewed lease on life. That's a lot 're', right there. On top of that, the business was born out of my hobbies, my recreation. So I thought, how about Karyn's reKreations?

What do you think?
I'm also busy building a proper website, so that potential customers are able to find and buy my pieces online.

You'll probably notice those changes over the next while. The look and feel of the spaces I occupy online may be a bit fluid for a period. But fret not. I'm still the same friendly Upsycho I always was, making the pieces you've come to expect. I'm still accepting commissions. I'm still offering crafting lessons.

Hopefully it will become easier for you to access them. Once all my ducks are in a row and all my pigs in one pen, there'll be a 'hard launch' with a prize and everything. So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment